My Mom has made this dish for as long as I can remember, and now I , too, keep a container in the fridge all summer long. It’s light, healthy, and oh so good! Yummy alone and even better over sliced tomatoes. She simply called it “Cottage Cheese Mixture” but I’m thinking we need a newer, more swell name. Right? Here we go!
Posey’s Tastes Like Summer Cottage Cheese Mixture
- Large container of fat free cottage cheese
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (I prefer red)
- 1/2 to 3/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 TBS mayonnaise (I leave this out)
- Jane’s Crazy Salt
Dump it all into a bowl and mix it up. Serve with a sprinkling of Jane’s Crazy Salt. Pile over sliced garden tomatoes and step out onto a screen porch and enjoy!